Sunday 21 February 2016

Its coming along

Its taking time but if i rush it i tend to make mistakes.
The patchwork sofa is coming along , The most difficult part for me next is  the seat pad covers  , I  am  going to unpick the originals and have a go at them over the next week .
 I dont know if i will manage the piping or not but i will have a go. I dyed the Antique lace on the top of the cushion with tea bags .  

 All the fabric so far is stuff i have picked up from jumble sales and its not cost any more than £20 , I think you will either love it or hate it.   







Just two vintage finds this week.

I am always one step in front , This tea set was picked up recently and will go in my kitchen when it has a new lick of paint in the summer.   


This medal was in a box of jewellery i purchased , Rare to find one in its original  box. 




XXXX

16 comments:

  1. What a great job you are doing!!! I love the medal what a great find xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been wondering how you were doing. Its coming along well and I like your choice of colours. There are some good tutorials on You Tube and also links on Pinterest to help with making of the piping. Even I have not had a go at that yet but having a visual would help me more so I assume it would help you too. Looks really good, individual and a way to making the most of what you have. Love it. And well done with the cushion too. Look forward to the next instalment; and love the china. Take care.

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pattypan , Knowing me i will leave it out completely lol, I have made an identical cushion today , The idea is it looks part of the sofa xxx

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love it! Well done you. Piping is simple to make and attach. A YouTube tutorial is a good idea if you are unsure. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sacarlet , Glad you like it , Had my results back saturday , I have some svt episodes so need to go on beta blockers , I just hope they help xxx

      Delete
  4. Not sure how rare that WW1 medal is as I have my late uncle's WW1 medals in their original box, too.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margaret. I dont think its very rare its just that it was in a job lot so it was a bonus to me xxx

      Delete
  5. I'm in the LOVE IT category! I picture myself sitting on it, drinking a great cup of tea from one of you other finds. I so look forward to reading about your finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sam , Glad you love it , I cant wait for it to be finished should be the end of next week fingers crossed xxx

      Delete
  6. I'm in the love it camp too. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sofa looks fab - well done you, not sure I would have the patience! I love the medal too c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks tracy , I surprised myself with the patience bit too but am conquering it with doing a bit at a time instead of my usual bull in a china shop xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sofa's looking good so far. Tiny steps and the new sofa in all its glory will emerge. I shall look forward to the finished piece.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby