Sunday 29 October 2017

I will have to stop watching the bake off

Every time i watch the bake off it reminds me that i have not baked a certain thing for some time in the past few weeks i have baked sponge puddings and a bakewell tart as you know,
 so this week i have a made a lemon meringue , I tend to be a frugal baker choosing ingredients that we already have or buying the cheapest ingredients to make something,
 so i wondered how much i would have to  buy that's not in my store cupboard and it turned out to be just the lemons at £1.31.
 I thought it would be an expensive make  as where i live now it's almost impossible to get yellow sticker lemmons like i used to be able to buy them, Drastically reduced ,
 The recipe called for two large lemons and i had 5 medium sized ones , so i grated all the peel and pressed the juice out of all of them and froze half for another pie so its not as expensive as i initially thought ,
Mind you i was so gutted when i found out i didn't have enough  white plain flour for the pastry so i had to use a third wholemeal , Not so nice but saved a trip to the shops , I really dont know what happened as i dont run out of flour usually


#




xxxx

9 comments:

  1. It looks delicious, I haven't made one in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never watched it - the only reason to entice me would be Noel Fielding - yum!
    You've done a great job there, the pie looks lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks it is delicious even though i say it myself lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon meringue pie is one of my most favourite deserts. Might have to make one myself this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pastry was just as nice too with using some of the wholemeal xxx

      Delete
  5. Yum I want one, not had a lemon meringue pie in ages. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks yummy I to try to bake frugally have you not bought bags of lemons for a pound from the man with the veg on the market sometimes they are huge .carole x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i haven't had much good experience off that stall the stuff tends to go of quick , will take another look xxx

      Delete

thank you for your message , Shabby