Tuesday 7 November 2017

IKEA

I have just been to Ikea and was intrigued to see a Christmas  room set  that draws you in through a mock bay window and it was really festive then i realised that without the tree and the decorations It was almost Identical  to our living room 
 The wall colour was the same , The mirror over the fireplace and the fireplace  was very similar and i wondered if somebody from Ikeas Decor team has been reading my blog , 

I worked for Ikea for 5 years and always wanted to get on to the elite deco team but you have to have the right qualifications and i hadn't, but its strange that somebody like me can create just as good a room without the qualifications or loads of money for that matter ,
 My mirror came from either a boot sale or a jumble for £3.00 even before Ikea started to sell them our furniture was sourced to be the cheapest  best value for money we could find or bought from jumble sales , The only thing the room did for me was to reinforce my desire to get a rug to make our room warmer , When i put the christmas decorations up the room will look almost identical , Weird isnt it , 
But if somebody came here who loves ikea and didnt know our room has been completed for months  they would have thought i had got the idea from there.
The sofa was from Ikea though.









We will be getting a bed from Ikea though as it's the best value for money with the style that we want and i will update the blog soon with the bedroom makeover. 


XXXX

13 comments:

  1. Love your room, a peg rug would look good in front of the fireplace maybe. My grandma made her own out of old coats and anything else she could find. They weighed a ton, and taking them up and out to bash them outside could easily fracture your wrist. The good thing, though, is that they did not ' creep' and I have gone through nearly every type of rug sticky to keep ours from ending up somewhere else, the last lot worked though. I love glass especially crystal and have just bought two little ornaments for £1.50 at a charity shop. I just wish there had been charity shops around when my children were young, we would all have been better dressed. I like Ikea too. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is i have to have something that we both like and my hubby doesn't like rag rugs but i have found a huge rug that will fill most of the room at ikea for £49 , I said that's the other day wishing there were charity shops about when my daughter was small i could have saved a fortune or boot sales come to think of it xxx

      Delete
  2. The blue works very well, I am not keen on blue, but really love what you have done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must feel so very proud! I wish there was a photo of the room in Ikea to view. Well done! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. InerI never thought of taking one when i was there , Wish i had now xxx

      Delete
  4. I shall have a look if our Ikea has the same room when I go next Friday....lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually the room displays are down to the individual deco teams , Well it was when i worked there xxx

      Delete
  5. The laminate floor, the blue walls, the wood burner and the hipster stags are very Scandi, even your mirror is in the Gustavian style - no wonder its the style of room Ikea allude to. You've done a wonderful job.
    I've only been to Ikea a handful of times - the last one being about 10 years ago! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of that it wasn't deliberate to create a scandi design i just did what i liked lol , We only go to ikea for large items we need as there are very good value for money , i will be ordering the bed we choose on line so we dont have to go again as the walk round is too much for dave xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room looks so lovely and I really love the colour you chose. It works so well.

    Not buying any sort of magazines etc...I would have no idea what is considered fashionable or not - I just like what I like :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mor me i didnt know it was fashionable i used to buy the magazines years ago but cant afford them now , I usually create a look then it becomes fashionable but i usually change it again so its not but as this has not long been done i cannot afford to do it now xxx

      Delete
  8. I love all the blue love special the cahir!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby